RISMEDIA, December 27, 2010—Refinancings through the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) increased 26% in the third quarter of 2010. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan modifications through the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) increased 16% in the quarter, although the overall volume of loan modifications and the pace of HAMP modifications declined from previous periods. The data were released in FHFA’s Third Quarter 2010 Foreclosure Prevention & Refinance Report, which includes data on all of the Enterprises’ foreclosure prevention efforts.
Findings of the report include:
-Loans modified in the last three quarters are performing substantially better three months after modification, compared to loans modified in earlier periods.
-More than half of the loan modifications completed in the third quarter lowered borrowers’ monthly payments by over 30%.
-Loans that are 30-days delinquent increased by 17,600 loans or 2.7% during the third quarter to approximately 682,000.
-Loans 60-plus-days delinquent declined for the third consecutive quarter. The 60-plus-days delinquent loans decreased by 109,700 loans, or 6.8% during the third quarter to approximately 1.5 million.
-Nearly 35,400 HAMP trial modifications transitioned to permanent during the third quarter, bringing the total number of active HAMP permanent modifications to nearly 260,000.
For more information, visit http://www.fanniemae.com and freddiemac.com.
RISMedia welcomes your questions and comments. Send your e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you heard about RISMedia’s Real Estate Information Network® (RREIN)? RREIN is an elite network of leading real estate companies dedicated to providing consumers and their agents with leading real estate information, and committed to the belief that Information Share Equals Market Share. Having only launched this past June 2010, the RREIN network is already comprised of 40 leading brokerages, which make up 575 offices, 30,000 agents, 167,000 closings and represents over $41 billion in transactions. How can RREIN help your recruiting efforts and differentiate your company today? For more information, email email@example.com.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Continue to Amass Foreclosed Properties -Now valued at $24 Billion, Personalfinancebulletin.com (oregonrealestateroundtable.com)
- Finally, Congressional Oversight Targets HAMP, Treasury (In Hindsight?) (zillow.com)
- Where Things Stand: Foreclosure Paperwork Scandal (propublica.org)
- “COP Report on The Sham Called Helping Homeowners Through HAMP” and related posts (economicpopulist.org)
- CBO Estimates Treasury Will Spend Just $12 Billion on HAMP, Under 1/4 of Promised Funding (news.firedoglake.com)
- Fannie, Freddie Pressed on Mortgages (online.wsj.com)